Pet Dental Care
The veterinary industry is always evolving to understand the latest in pet medicine. In recent years, veterinarians have begun placing greater emphasis on dentistry. At our animal hospital in Dublin, pet dental care is one of the most important aspects of your pet’s overall physical health. Our team provides examinations of the oral cavity as part of each annual health check and examination. If issues are found, a professional dental cleaning will be prescribed.
Professional Pet Dental Care
When your pet is in need of professional pet dental care, our veterinary team is fully equipped to provide this service to your pet. A professional dental is completed while your pet is safely under anesthesia. A professional dental at our practice includes:
- Pre-anesthetic blood work to help us determine whether your pet is healthy enough for anesthesia and how much is needed for them
- Anesthesia administration
- Complete surgical monitoring throughout the procedure
- Dental x-rays to check for underlying health conditions
- Scaling to remove tartar and plaque buildup on the surfaces of the teeth and below the gum lines
- Extraction of diseased teeth, if necessary
- Polishing to discourage future buildup
Why is Dental Care so Important?
Tartar and plaque that have built up on your pet’s teeth can cause a range of health problems by leaking toxins into your pet’s bloodstream and affecting their organs. To help prevent these issues, we recommend professional dental care on a regular basis, as well as ongoing at-home dental care. Preventing buildup on your pet’s teeth can help to maintain their health.
We can provide education about at-home dental care for pet owners. After your pet’s professional dental care, our team can go over proper oral care techniques and to help you keep your pet’s mouth clean and healthy, all year round!
“We now have a clear plan for Chloe, as Dr. Henricks went over the needs of our dog and what was needed on a yearly or regular basis. Can’t wait to see her with her clean teeth next week!“